Otrivine 0.1% Measured Dose Nasal Spray
Otrivine Nasal Spray acts as a powerful decongestant which can clear blocked noses and reduce excessive
nasal secretions for up to ten hours.
This nasal spray is suitable for nasal congestion associated with colds,
hayfever and sinusitis
This product contains Xylometazoline hydrochloride as the active ingredient.
Contents also include: sodium chloride, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium dihydrogen
phosphate dihyrate, disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride and purified water.
Do not take this product:
• If you are allergic to the active ingredient Xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other
• If you are pregnant and/or breastfeeding, suffer from a medical condition or take other medicines
and have not consulted your doctor or pharmacist
How to take
For nasal use only. Avoid the eyes and mouth.
Adults and children over 12 years – One to two sprays into each nostril up to three times daily as
required. See package information leaflet for full instructions.
Children and infants under 12 years – Not suitable for use in this age group.
• Do not use continuously for more than seven consecutive days. If symptoms persist please
consult your doctor.
• Do not exceed the indicated dose.
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
• Do not use this product more than 28 days after first opening it.
• Each bottle should be limited for use in one individual to prevent cross infection.
• Read the information leaflet carefully before use.
• Do not store above 25*C. Keep the bottle in the outer carton.
Please consult you doctor or pharmacists if:
• You are pregnant
• You suffer from a medical condition
• You are currently taking any other medication
Please Be Aware:
• This is a medicine. For health & safety reasons our Pharmacist will review your purchase before
we dispatch your order. We take your health & safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we
sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you
by the phone number supplied in your order form to find out some additional information to ensure this
product is appropriate for you.
• If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed.
• We can only sell one item of this medicine per transaction. Again, before we ship this product
we may contact you by phone to verify that this product is suitable for you. This practice is in line with
the regulations set out by the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI) which is the representative and
professional body for community pharmacists in Ireland.