Benylin Non Drowsy Dry Coughs Syrup
Benylin Non Drowsy Dry Coughs is indicated for dry, irritating and persistent coughs. This cough syrup
has been proven to be effective in soothing dry and hacking coughs. As this syrup does not commonly
cause drowsiness, people can continue with their daily routines.
This product contains dextromethorphan hydrobromide 7.5mg/5ml as the active ingredient. Other ingredients include liquid glucose, sucrose, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, soidum and 6 vol% ethanol.
Do not take this product:
• If you are allergic to the active ingredient Dextromethorphan or any of the other ingredients listed
• If you are pregnant and/or breastfeeding and have not consulted your doctor
• If you suffer from lung disease
• If you are currently taking, or have taken in the last two weeks, a class of medicines called
monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO's), which are used to treat depression.
• If you are currently taking a class of medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
(SSRI's), which are used to treat anxiety and depression.
How to take
Adults and children over 12 years – Two 5ml spoonfuls 4 times a day
Children under 12 years – Not recommended
• THIS MEDICINE MAY POTENTIATE THE EFFECT OF ALCOHOL AND OTHER
CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DEPRESSENTS. AVOID ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING
• IF DROWSINESS OCCURS, DO NOT DRIVE OR OPERATE MACHINERY
• Do not exceed the indicated dose. This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
• Children over 12 should be supervised when taking this medicine.
• If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
• Read the information leaflet carefully before use.
• Do not store above 30*C and protect from light and moisture. Keep the bottle cap tightly closed.
Do not use if the cap seal is broken on purchase.
Please consult you doctor or pharmacist if:
• You suffer from kidney or liver issues
• You suffer from a chronic cough associated with asthma, bronchitis, emphysema or
• The cough is associated with large amounts of phlegm
• If you are using other medicinal products for cold and flu symptoms
• If you are pregnant, currently taking any other medicine , please consult your doctor or
pharmacist before taking this product.
Please Be Aware:
• This is a medicine. For health & safety reasons our Pharmacist will review your purchase before
we dispatch your order. We take your health & safety seriously and wish to ensure that all medicines we sell are suitable for the person it is intended for. If our pharmacist has any concerns they will contact you by the phone number supplied in your order form to find out some additional information to ensure this product is appropriate for you.
• If they are unable to speak to you when required, your order may be delayed.
• We can only sell one item of this medicine per transaction. Again, before we ship this product
we may contact you by phone to verify that this product is suitable for you. This practice is in line with
the regulations set out by the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI) which is the representative and
professional body for community pharmacists in Ireland.